I love lip products! I’d hoard all of them if I could, but unfortunately, I don’t have the budget to do that right now. So what I do, I opt for lip products that are affordable, and if possible, a multitasking product as well.
That is why when I saw the Skinfood Fresh Fruit Lip and Cheek product, I knew I just had to get it. Not only is it a lip product, it is also a cheek product, and to add to that, it is also have three shades. Amazing isn’t it?
Enough of that then, let’s go to the review!
PRODUCT CLAIM from SKINFOOD WEBSITE
Fresh fruit inspired color with an innovative two-in-one formula that doubles up as a lip color and a blush. Each box comes with three shades to add a fresh fruit flush or a natural rosy glow.
Work products into a creamy consistency and apply on lips or cheeks.
For more color, layer on until desired color is achieved.
HOW TO USE
Apply with fingers and blend into lips or apples of cheeks.
SKIN FOOD FRESH FRUIT LIP AND CHEEK REVIEW
SHADES AND SWATCHES
I think, originally, this line only had 4 palettes, but has now expanded to six, which is great because I love these! This was love at first try. Immediately after swatching the product on my lips and my cheeks, I knew right away, that this would be a staple in my makeup bag.
The palette that I got was number 3: Cherry Tomato. Here are the swatches and how they look like on my cheeks and lips.
THINGS I LOVE:
- The packaging is very compact while maintaining a very pretty aesthetic. Look at how cute the packaging is! It looks very classy and cute. I love using it during touch-ups because, like I said, it looked classy.
- It’s pretty pigmented. I thought it was going to be like a sheer lipbalm with a slight tint, but no… it was like a crossover of a tinted lipbalm and lipstick. I dunno how to explain it, but it does have good pigmentation, both when used on the cheeks and lips.
- The price! It’s damn cheap. I got this from Althea Korea for about 360 PHP (about 8 USD), which is not a bad deal for a multitasking product like this. You have like 6 products for the price of one. Not bad, eh?
- All the shades (on this palette at least) are all wearable, even the orange one (pat pat) that I didn’t think would suit me looked pretty good on me.
- The color selection per palette is very pretty. I like how each colors on the palette complement each other. Not only for this palette but also for the other ones, which for sure, I’m going to get my hands on.
- It lasts quite a long time, especially on the cheeks. This lasts me the whole day, especially when it’s blended well, and you don’t even have to use a lot of product.
- It looks so natural. Whenever I have it on my cheeks like I’m naturally flushed, on the lips, it looks good when your lip is completely moisturized and is a completely different story when it isn’t.
THINGS I DIDN’T LOVE
- This looks good on the lips but could settle into the lines if you apply this without moisturizing it first. I would highly suggest putting lip balm first and then this to avoid this.
- Not locally available – I think. I haven’t checked the local Skinfood store if they have this, but this is amazing and I love it.
THIS IS GREAT AND I LOVE IT.
This is definitely something I reach for everyday, I’m not even exaggerating. I am in love with this and would definitely recommend it for its multi functionality and quality.