“It’s about what you believe. And I believe in love. Only love will truly save the world.”
If Diana Prince joined the Miss Universe pageant, she’ll definitely win the competition with that answer. Also, let’s not forget how amazingly good looking she is – it’s not even fair.
Let me start by saying that I really enjoyed Wonder Woman. I wasn’t expecting much from this movie, even after I already heard tons of positive stuff about it.
I lowered my expectations for Wonder Woman. One of the reasons why a lot of critics were disappointed with BVS and Man of Steel, I think, was because of how high their expectations are for those films. Batman and Superman were such iconic characters, they expect nothing less but perfection from their films, which is unfair for these two films. They weren’t the best, but they weren’t the worse either.
I was one of those people who had way too high expectations for those two films. I didn’t hate them, nor did I think they were trash, but I do agree that they could have been better. With Wonder Woman, I decided to lower my expectations down. All I want is a movie I can enjoy. To my surprise, Wonder Woman did that, plus some more.
HERE ARE THE THINGS I LOVED ABOUT WONDER WOMAN
1. BLESS YOU DC PEOPLE FOR CASTING GAL GADOT AS WONDER WOMAN! She completely slayed this role! Holy crap. Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman. Gal Gadot is Diana Prince. I liked her in BVS, but I was a bit worried about her acting chops. I haven’t seen her in a lot of movies yet, so I can’t really say she’s good, aside from her little stint from BVS, which I thought was just okay. She didn’t really blew me away or anything. But OMG, I felt her in this movie. She embodied the character of Wonder Woman. For all you people doubting Gal Gadot’s acting abilities, go watch this film!
2. THE FIGHT SEQUENCES WERE SO KICK ASS! MAKES ME WANT TO BE WONDER WOMAN! All those fight sequences were sooooooooo good! The choreography was so on point. There were quite a lot of slow motion on some scenes though, which might turn off some people, but they were completely find with me. Gaaaah! Wonder Woman was so badass! I want to be her – and so does a million other girls and women!
3. It was a pretty good origin story. I liked how it transitions from the present, then to the past, like there was a reason for her to tell her story. This is a coming of age story, because in a lot of ways, Wonder Woman was like a teenager, who was only starting to discover who she was and what she can really do. They did a good job introducing her backstory to those people who don’t know how Wonder Woman came to be, and at the same time giving us reasons to continue following her story. I loved how they showed us how much her character developed, especially towards the end.
4. I SHIP STEVE AND DIANA SOOOOO MUCCCCHHH!! Chris Pine and Gal Gadot’s chemistry, on screen, was amazing! I want them to be together in the real world! Not only do they look together, but I feel the reason why they got attached to each other made sense. It was a bit insta-lovey on Steve Trevor’s end, but who cares? I, honestly, didn’t.
5. The humor lands at just the right time. I didn’t think there were any jokes that was out of place. It never felt like they were added just for the sake of adding them. It was sprinkled all throughout the movie which was great because it didn’t over saturate the entire movie.
6. The costumes! Oh man! They looked awesome! Particularly Wonder Woman’s. Her costume looked great. She looked great. Holy shit. She’s perfect.
7. I liked how they added certain scenes in the movie with the sole purpose of fleshing out the characters. You get to know them a little bit better, and they get to build their relationship as well.
8. I FUCKING CRIED! YES! I’M NOT EMBARRASSED TO SAY THAT I CRIED TOWARDS THE END.If you know me, then you should
9. I HOPE SHE’S RIGHT, THAT LOVE CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING.
BONUS POINTS: An added bonus is the new DC opening credits before he actual movie. It looks amazing. It shows you how massive the DCEU could be. Holy shit. Can’t wait for Green Lantern. Hope they make one soon.
THINGS I DIDN’T LIKE:
While I enjoyed this movie quite a lot, it does still have its misses.
1. Some of the CGI was a bit distracting. I’m not sure if that’s what they were going for, but some of them looked unfinished. Either that, or it wasn’t rendered properly.
2. I loved the protagonist – the antagonist though, was a different story. I did not like the villain in this movie, especially the big reveal. It felt anti-climactic to me.
3. The last quarter of this movie, would probably be my least favorite. Like I said, it felt anti-climactic, and something that happened there, didn’t make sense.
I loved Wonder Woman. It wasn’t perfect, but it was a solid origin film. It reminds me of the first Captain America film. They sort of have the same formula, the way they told the story.
This movie is definitely one of the better Superhero films out there. I believe we are to expect greater things from the DCEU moving forward. I’m crossing my fingers for that!