After waiting for what seems like forever, we finally got the first episode from Game of Thrones season 7.
If you haven’t watched the first episode yet, I suggest you come back when you have because I’ll be mentioning some spoilers. You have been warned.
You all good then?
Alright, let’s get it on.
I’m not very good with paragraphs so I’m going to do them in bullet format, as usual. So here it goes.
- Season 7 starts off with death(s) that, I personally, have been waiting for see for the longest time. Serves them right for being traitors. This part really got me in a good mood. Haha. I don’t know what that says about me, but I found it absolutely satisfying seeing this.
- Then we get discussions in the north. A tiny bit of argument about who will guard the wall against the Wights and what to do with the Umbers and the Carstarks who didn’t answer to the Stark’s call against the Boltons last season. I thought both Jon and Sansa had valid points, at the end of the day though, Jon’s decision was very strategic and, not to mention, morally sound one. Let’s all hope this rift doesn’t cause a problem between them in the future.
- I WANT LITTLE FINGER DEAD. Every time I see his face I just want to do nothing but kill him. Feed him to the wolves or chop him off, or anything. There is something about that dude that creeps me out.
- We see the new Three Eyed Raven finally crossing the Wall back to Westeros. If you watched last season, you probably already know who this is. I just wish there was more of him in this episode.
- Then we see Arya travelling back to King’s Landing to do… well, to ex someone from her list of people to kill. Guess who that is?
- Can we also talk about how amazing Lyanna Mormont is? What a charming and fierce little lady.
- Ed Sheeran. Let’s leave it at that.
- We see the Night King along with his crew of the Undead hidden by the mist.
- We also see the Hound travelling with Beric Dondarion and his band of merry Lord of the Light worshippers. There was a very heartbreaking scene here that involves Clegane and is now developing conscience.
- Then we see Cersei and Jaime having a conversation about building their dynasty together. I seriously think Cersei is crazy as fuck. Her motivations were clouded by ambition and thirst for power. The look on Jaime’s face as he was talking to Cersei was of utter disbelief of what he was hearing. I think he is also now starting to believe Cersei had lost her marbles.
- Cersei and Euron Greyjoy deserve each other. It’s like a match made in heave. They are both sick bastards who are in it for the power. Jaime deserves someone better. Someone like… ME. 🙂
- We see Samwell (who I love by the way because he is just absolutely adorable) and what he was been doing at the Citadel, which is basically, NOTHING. You would expect he might be doing what Maesters should be, but they made him scrub bedpans and serve food for all the other Maesters. The way they show you what Sam’s been doing was really fun. Haha.
- Sam did learn something, actually. He figures out where they can get Dragon glass, which is the only thing that could kill Wight Walkers. Do you have any guess where it might be? It’s tiny bit related to the character below.
- Speaking of the Citadel, someone we know is locked up in there. Wanna guess who? It’s Mr. Friendzone. LOL
- And Daenerys (my sister. LOL) finally lands on Westeros. Guess where she landed? Dragonstone. Yes. Where her family originally stayed when they first came to Westeros.
Overall, I thought this episode, like all the other first episodes in this series, was amazing! I thought it delivered to the hype and was worth the wait. Although, one specific complain I have though is that it was too short. Well, it’s not really short, but the ending of this episode just made me salivate for more Game of Thrones.
There are so many theories and questions in my hear right now. I’m not even sure how I can cope until next Monday (yeah we get it a day later that people from the US). I just want the next episode, now!
Have you guys watched the first episode? If you’ve reached this far, you should have because I had some spoilers on my bullets above. If you have, then let’s talk! Because I really want to talk.