Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having an awesome day.
I don’t think I’ve posted any foundation review yet, but that is about to change. Today, I’m going to be sharing with you the foundation that I a unexpectedly fell in love with.
Just basing on the title, I’m sure you already know what foundation I’m talking about. It is the new (or at least I think it is) Avon Ideal White Essence Foundation SPF 50+/PA+++.
Two powerful forces come together for flawless, whitening coverage when Ideal White meets Glutathione. Glutathione is a powerful effective whitening antioxidant. Ideal White’s Whitesphere technology helps inhibits melanin production and fade dark spots while Wonderlight diffuses light for radiant and illuminated skin. Complete your whitening regimen with makeup that makes skin look more radiant over time.
It’s very sleek. The box is white with the product claims and the ingredients, which is great.
The container is a slim glass bottle that comes with a pump. Bless you, Avon. Liquid foundations should “always” come with a pump.
There are only 3 shades in this collection: Neutral (lightest), Natural (Peach toned), Medium (Yellow toned, darkest). I got the shade Neutral and it fits me perfectly.
I’d have to say though, I’m not impressed with the shade range. There should be more to cater to different skin tones, like more darker and warmer tones.
It has a slightly thick but smooth texture. It glides well on the skin when spread out. Despite the thick consistency, it does feel very lightweight on the skin like you’re wearing nothing but a moisturizer.
This foundation is dewy. It gives your skin that healthy no-makeup makeup face, which is exactly what I go for. I rarely buy, or use, matte foundations as they tend to make you look older, plus, according to my research, it really does age your skin as well. So, I tend to go for the dewier foundations that doesn’t make you look like a grease ball. The Avon Ideal White Essence Foundation (God! this name is a mouthful!) does just that. It gives you that luminescent finish that looks like you are glowing from within.
This is me with one layer of this foundation. Sorry for the messy background though. I had to take the picture near the window.
As for the coverage, I’d say is light to light medium, but it does give you an even coverage. This product would not give you a full on coverage, but will give you an even and flawless looking skin.
If you’re like me, that only have a couple of bumps and dark pimple marks, this would work for you. This product would blur and conceal some of those marks, just not completely. I’d suggest mixing this with a foundation with higher coverage if you would want your high coverage foundation to have a dewier finish.
Didn’t notice any scent.
I work from 6:30 am to 2:30 pm, but of course, I apply my foundation earlier than that. It stays put on my face all day, even after working out. I’d say it would last you a good 8-10 hours. But really, I don’t notice any difference with the coverage after the 10th hour or even after working out, which is saying something.
- The finish of this product is definitely a winner for me.
- I loved how this product looks the same on my face, even after working out or after ten long hours at work. It has the right amount of dewiness, doesn’t look greasy or oily. All it leaves you is that luminous, glowy look that would make you look 10 years younger. But, if you have really oily skin, and would want to use this, just powder your T-zone and you should be fine.
- I love how it blurs my pores like it doesn’t exist.
- It has glutathione which, as we all might already know, has whitening properties. So if you have stubborn spots on your face, this foundation helps with that while also adding coverage to your face.
- It has SPF 50+/PA+++ which is always a PLUS!
- The texture makes it so easy to blend on your face. You don’t even need to use any tools, just your fingers.
- No scent. It doesn’t really bother me too much, if a product has scent, but for those who do, this is definitely a plus.
- Very lightweight
- The shade range is ridiculously small.
- I would have wanted it to have more coverage.
- Available through your Avon lady. Would be hard for those people who doesn’t know any Avon lady to get this product. But I think you can now order this online, so this might not really be a big con.
This product is now my go-to foundation as of the moment. It love how lightweight it is and how amazing it looks on my skin.
I hope Avon keeps this on their regular line of products because I’d be really disappointed if they discontinue this. This is one of the best products I have ever tried, not even kidding.