True story: I have social anxiety, especially when it comes to meeting new people. I get awkward and… awkward. Haha. Technically, my normal Miss Congeniality self, folds like a makahiya flower (for those of you who don’t know what it is, click here) My love for interacting with other bookworms overcame my fear of socializing with people, hence, why I immediately signed up when I heard there was going to be a bookworm meet up.
To be honest, it was the best decision ever!
It was so easy talking to these people who I thought I was only going to be able to interact online. It was fun to finally associate twitter, blog, or instagram handles with actual people.
HERE IS SOME OF THE THINGS THAT HAPPENED ON THE EVENTS:
- We all get goodie bags!!!
- We meet and mingle with people!
- There were games! Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to do the Word Soup from Hell game. I wanted to do that one.
- There was a panel that discussed diversity in books which is actually one of my favorite parts of the events. It really enlightened me on what diversity in books mean.
- BOOK READING! Salve from Cuckoo for Books and Migs read a part of a book to the group.
- A talk with Miss Mina V Esguerra.
- BOOK BLIND DATE WITH A BOOK!
- More bookish giveaways! Yay!
- IT’S TIME TO SAY GOODBYE AND UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN.